Multicultural Day is this Friday, May 17th and we very much hope our entire community will join us.
(1) During the school day: We could greatly use PARENT VOLUNTEERS (details below & sign up here)
(2) From 4:30 – 7pm: Come back for a great multicultural evening - all are welcome!
a. FOOD TRUCKS from France, India & Japan will all be present serving yummy treats
b. 18 COUNTRIES will have booths open in the RSS cafeteria, to tour and learn about all of the great cultures that are present right here in our El Segundo community
c. SPECIAL PERFORMANCE of Taiko in the cafeteria (6 – 6:20pm)
Parent volunteers are needed to staff country tables in 90-minute shifts. It’s VERY easy – volunteers will stamp kids passports, share a few facts about their country (from a one sheet at the table), and pass out goodies to students as they come through all day.
Three incentives for you to volunteer:
(1) Parent volunteers get access to the Multicultural Day Hospitality Room, which will have some yummy international foods and treats (and for those working at lunch, there will be LUNCH!)
(2) We have the schedule of class visitations ready, so you can time your volunteer shift with a time to experience this day when your child will be coming through.
(3) You will have fun! The parent volunteers who have put together the table displays have worked super hard to set everything up and make it easy to learn some quick, interesting things about each country (full list below). You may go home with a wish list of places for your next vacation 😊
PLEASE SIGN UP HERE! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0849a4a829a02-multicultural
CLASS VISITATION SCHEDULE:
8:30 - 9am - Voboril (4) & Brooks (5)
9:05 - 9:35am - Nodar (2), Igi (2) & Barnstone (2)
9:40 - 10:10am - Elder (3) & Aguirre (3)
10:15-10:45am- Sharp (TK), Hong (K) & Schmit (K)
10:50am - 11:20am - Domer (4) & Croddy (5)
11:45am - 12:15pm - Plotkin (K) & O'Brien (K)
12:20 - 12:50pm - Lister (1), Goss (1) & Figoni (1)
12:55-1:25pm - Worley (3) & Serota (3)
1:30 - 2pm- Kim (2) & Varghese (1)
2:05 - 2:35pm - Palmer (4) & Dooley (5)
COUNTRIES THAT WILL BE REPRESENTED:
Any questions, please contact Laura Probst Pimentel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-570-5853. Thank you and look forward to seeing you Friday!
Read More »