WHERE TO FIND BOOKS!
DISCOUNT BOOK SITES:
https://firstbook.org/ (title 1)
- LIBRARIES - Look for sales, bag sales, etc.
- FACEBOOK - plea to friends and family purging out old books, or join group Teachers Bargain Basement, Buy Nothing FB Group, or Sell sites
- SHOP - Thrift Stores, Goodwill, Garage Sales
- SCHOLASTIC WAREHOUSE - go on first day of sale days
- BOOK SWAP - classroom teacher trade bins of books, or parents, rotate book bags among friends.
- DONOR’S CHOOSE
- Create a "sponsor a kid" or “book fairies” program (post on your FB). People will pay $9 to sponsor a child for the year. Then, order the $1 books from scholastic each month. Every kid in the class gets a book each month. In doing this, you will have at least a $25 scholastic order each month, which means you will typically have $10-$30 to spend each month in bonus bucks for the classroom. Super awesome deal that you could still implement before school starting!