PLEASE USE THE LINKS WITHIN THE RIGHT, DARK BLUE SIDEBAR
TO FIND A WEALTH OF INFORMATION!
My role as READING SPECIALIST is to support our students, staff, parents, and administrators in countless ways, including, but not limited to...
• Reading intervention, grades K-3. Students are provided targeted, direct instruction 2-5 days a week in small-groups to best meet individual needs
• Establish and oversee district literacy assessments and benchmarks
• Implement diagnostic assessments to more closely monitor and understand students’ reading abilities
• Assist teachers with assessments and reading strategies
• Collect, analyze, and report on reading scores of every class (grades TK-5) at least 3 times a year
• Plan and provide staff development and training
*Manage computer/on-line programs such as Perfomance Matters, Lexia, Raz-Kids.com, Headsprout, A2i, and Reading Inventory
• Run or assist with motivating, fun literacy events such as Read Across America Week, Read-a-thon, Family Reading Night,March Book Madness, Literacy O' Lanterns, and World Read Aloud Day
• Participate in leadership roles including Student Study Team, Grade Level Representative, and LCAP Advisory Committee
Thank you Ed Foundation for partially funding The Reading Program!
I received a BS in Education from USC (go Trojans!) and obtained my MA in Education with a specialization in Reading/Language Arts from CSULB. I have worked at Richmond Street School as a Reading Specialist since 2003! I count my lucky stars to have long-standing roots in this outstanding school district and community. Prior to El Segundo, I worked as a Reading Specialist at Robinson Elementary School in Manhattan Beach for five years. I also had an amazing experience as an assistant language teacher from 1997-1998 in Nara, Japan. I love to work with children and I have a great passion for teaching literacy. “There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is the best of all.” – Jacqueline Kennedy
*Clear Specialist Instruction - Reading
*Clear Multiple Subject Teaching
*Clear Cross-Cultural, Lang. & Academic Development
*Recipient - Target Early Reading Grant - $2,000 (2014)
*American Literacy Corporation Outstanding Contributions to Literacy (2008)
*Richmond Street School Teacher of the Year (2007-08)
I am also incredibly blessed with a wonderful husband and two little girls – ages 8 and 11. They keep me on my toes and my heart full of overflowing love.