T/K-GRADE 5 READ-A-THON
Bailey’s LA Kings Royal Readers
January 26 – February 25
SCHOOL GOAL 450,000 MINUTES!!!
T/K-1 = 15-25 mins/day *Grades 2-3 = 20-30 mins/day *Grades 4-5 = 30-40 mins/day
IF YOU NEED ANOTHER READING LOG, CLICK HERE, SWING BY THE RACK OUTSIDE THE SCHOOL OFFICE, OR ATTACH YOUR OWN PAPER.
* T/K –2nd graders can do a combination of parent read-alouds and the child reading to an adult.
* Grades 3-5 should read independently or aloud to someone.
* Minutes MUST be signed off by a grownup
* Late logs will NOT be accepted. Logs are due February 25th.
* Be sure to accurately calculate the total minutes read and write it down at the bottom of your log when you turn it in!
* Snuggle up with books and have fun - keep a light, enjoyable reading environment at home.
The sheer volume of reading – the number of minutes a student reads outside of school - is one of the best predictors of how well that student will read. In addition to fueling your child’s mind and instilling a love for literacy, incentive prizes will be awarded.
PRIZES: Prizes are based on the collective number of minutes read by each classroom, so students should work together to reach their reading goals. Remember, it takes an entire team to score; make sure you read everyday and encourage your classmates to do the same!
All awards will be announced on March 2nd – READ ACROSS AMERICA DAY!
All Kings prizes will be distributed in April.
CHECK THESE OUT:
Nightly Reading - Best Practice Tips for Parents - Great 5.5 minute video for primary grade families
ELA Resources Galore! - Mrs. Haun’s Padlet to find online books and resources, including book suggestions, podcasts, parent tips, offline and online activities and more!
Happy Reading!!! Mrs. Lisa Haun, Reading Specialist - email@example.com 310-606-6831310-606-6831, Ext. 5212
READING PROGRAM PARTIALLY FUNDED BY ED FOUNDATION – TOGETHER WE CAN! - www.esedf.org